Octavia (new restaurant concept)
(Steven, Miguel, LeAnne)
Sear Red Snapper Paella Cake with Roast Fennel
and Saffron Broth
this was the main course
6 lbs Red Snapper
1 box Arborio rice
2 Tbsp. of saffron
1 ea. onion
1 gal. chicken broth
2 lbs muscles
3 ea.chorizo (Spanish Sausage)
2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
4 ea. eggs
3 blubs fennel
3 bunches chives
¼ cup white wine
For the fish
1. Clean and portion fish in 4 oz pieces
2. Season fish with salt and pepper.
3. Sear fish in a little oil .
For the Muscles
1. Clean and debeard in cold water
2. Smash 2 cloves of garlic and rough chop 2 shallots
3. In a hot pan, place enough oil to coat pan
4. Add Shallots, Garlic, Muscles, white wine, salt and pepper and cover
until muscles are opened. Place aside and chill. Chop
For the Paella Cakes
1. Dice onion, cut chives, and in a large pot, sweat onions in a little oil.
2. Add rice, cook until translucent. Add some of the stock and strir until
almost dry. Repeat this process until rice is aldente.
3. Add chopped mussles, and dice chorizo.
4. Place on a sheet tray and let it set.
5. Cut cakes into rounds and bread it.
6. Beat eggs, then, place cake in egg then in the crumbs.
7. Fry in oil at 350° until golden brown.
For the fennel
1. Cut top off and set aside.
2. Cut vertical in 1/4 inch pieces
3. Toss in oil, salt and pepper and place in oven at 300° until tender.